A twist on a favorite dish by Neven maguire
Serves 4-6 people
- 275g (10oz) fine egg noodles
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large red pepper, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 225g (8oz) fine green beans, trimmed and halved
- 175g (6oz) baby corn, halved lengthways
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g (14oz) can coconut milk
- 350g (12oz) cooked turkey meat, cut into bite sized pieces
- 100g (4oz) crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp light muscovado sugar
- juice of ½ lime
- 50g (2oz) cashew nuts, toasted and finely chopped handful fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
Place the fine egg noodles in a pan of boiling water and cook for 3–4 minutes, until tender, or according to the packet instructions.
Heat a wok until very hot. Add the oil and swirl it around the edges, then tip in the red pepper, green beans, baby corn and garlic, and stir-fry for 3–4 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
Sprinkle over 1 tablespoon of water if the mixture is getting too dry.
Drain the noodles and add to the wok with the coconut milk, turkey, peanut butter, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, sugar and lime juice.
Stir-fry for another 2–3 minutes, until all the ingredients are piping hot.